Conditional Clinic

This is a grammar activity with the conventional approach to teaching the conditional tenses in English.

Task 1
Check the following slides


Task 2
Complete the following sentences


1. If I went abroad for my next holiday, ..............................................................................
2. If someone stole my car, ..............................................................................................
3. I wish I’d never ...........................................................................................................
4. If I decide to go out this weekend, .................................................................................
5. English would be easier to learn if ..................................................................................
6. Most people would be happier if .....................................................................................
7. If I could have any job in the world, ...............................................................................
8. If I won a lot of money, ................................................................................................
9. If someone pays me a compliment, ................................................................................
10. If I could meet someone famous, .................................................................................
11. If I could have my life again, .......................................................................................
12. If I ever emigrated, ....................................................................................................
13. If I could be another nationality, ...................................................................................
14. If I could change one thing about my life, ......................................................................
15. If a friend of mine had an accident, ..............................................................................
16. Students would work a lot harder in class if ...................................................................
17. If you asked me to cook you a meal, .............................................................................
18. If you want to make a lot of money, .............................................................................
19. If I could change one part of my body, ..........................................................................

20. The world would be a better place if .............................................................................

Task 3
Dived yourselves into pairs and fill in the boxes on this pair work activity.

Task 4
Cut out your answers and see if the other groups can match them correctly.

Task 5
Further Reading and Exercises

Task 6
Further Reading and Exercises