What's the Matter?



What's the matter?

Task 1

Watch What's the Matter Video.


Task 2

Vocabulary Bank

I have a headache.
My stomach hurts.
I have a fever.
I have a cold.
My throat is sore.
I cut my finger.
I have a cough.
My leg hurts.
I have a toothache.
I feel tired.
My arm is sore.
I have a runny nose.
I feel dizzy.
My back hurts.
I have a rash.
I feel sleepy.
I have a bruise.
My nose is stuffy.
I have a blister.
I feel queasy (feeling like you might vomit)

Task 3

Practice a similar conversation using the vocabulary bank above in pairs.

Task 4

Complete the task below.




Task 5
Vocabulary Bank 2

I'm not feeling well.
I'm a bit under the weather today.
I have a headache.
My stomach is upset.
I'm feeling sick.
I'm not in the best shape.
I'm not doing so great health-wise.
I have a cold.
I've got the flu.
I'm dealing with a fever.
I've injured my leg.
My throat hurts.
I have a toothache.
I've cut my finger.
I'm really tired.
I feel dizzy.
I'm quite exhausted.
I have a rash.
I'm feeling queasy.
I'm not at my best today.



Extra Reading
  1. Your skin has a red, painful area. 
  2. You have difficulty breathing and make noise when you breathe. 
  3. You can't sleep; you want to rest. 
  4. Your throat hurts when you swallow. 
  5. Your finger is bleeding. 
  6. Your nose is producing liquid. 
  7. You have a wound on your skin. 
  8. Your head hurts. 
  9. Your stomach is in pain. 
  10. Your body temperature is high. 
  11. Your leg is causing you pain. 
  12. Your arm is hurting. 
  13. You have a wound inside your mouth.
  14. You have a pain in your tooth. 
  15. You have a wound on your skin filled with liquid. 
  16. You feel like you might fall. 
  17. You have a cold virus. 
  18. You have a pain in your back. 
  19. Your nose is blocked; you can't breathe through it. 
  20. You have a blue or purple mark on your skin. 
  21. You don't want to eat; your stomach feels upset.